CFP: HIPE Shared Task - FIRST CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
We invite participation in the HIPE shared task on named entity processing as part of CLEF 2020 Evaluation Labs. In the context of massive digitization of historical documents, the objective of this shared task is to assess and advance the development of robust named entity processing systems able to deal with challenging, multilingual, diachronic historical material, thereby supporting information extraction and text understanding of cultural heritage data.
- Named Entity Recognition and Classification (high-level and fined-grained)
- Entity Linking
Historical newspaper articles in French, German and American English originating from Swiss, Luxembourgish and American digitized newspapers archives and selected on a diachronic basis. The time-span of the whole corpus goes from 1798 until 2018. We will provide sample, training and dev data.
For further information please visit the HIPE website and check the participation guidelines.
- November 2019: Registration opens.
- 10 January 2020: Release of sample data.
- 14 February 2020: Release of full data (training and dev).
- 26 April 2020: Lab registration closes.
- 27 April 2020 - 30 April 2020: Evaluation period.
- 30 April 2020: System responses due (time: anywhere on earth).
- 8 May 2020: Transmission of results to participants.
- 24 May 2020: Submission of participant papers.
- 14 June 2020: Notification of acceptance of participant papers.
- 28 June 2020: Camera-ready copy of of participant papers.
- 17-22 July 2020: CEUR-WS participant paper preview for checking by authors and lab organizers.
- 22-25 Sept 2020: CLEF Conference in Thessaloniki, Greece.
With best regards,
HIPE Shared Task Organizers.